Monday, March 21, 2011

Twurdy


A Beta version of Twurdy is available to use for searching.

A really great search engine to use in schools to help children quickly see which of their results are written in such a way that they will be able to manage the text. It gives an approximate reading age for the text.

In the example on the left you will see the first result needs the viewer to be able to read at a higher level: about 18 years. The second result the text is written at a 10 to 15 year level and the last result shows the text is written at an 8 to 10 year level. In the classroom this enables the teacher to help the children go to sites they are able to read to gather the relevant information.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Web Master,
    I’ve greatly enjoyed looking through your website. I loved the post you wrote about various articles, it really inspired me to ask for online reviews from my customers. I have a website on a related subject and I think it might be of interest to your readers.
    My site is http://www.cemap-training.com/
    We are currently in the process of Link building .We are willing to exchange my link with you. I would like to request you to place my link at your site and in return I will give you a link back within 12 hours of your positive reply.

    My site details are as follows
    www.cemap-training.com
    We are hoping an early and positive response from your side .I would love to see link of my website on your site if you like it.
    Feel Free to contact me via cemaplinkex@gmail.com

    Thanks & regards
    Web Master

    ReplyDelete