Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Cool Planet is from Oxfam and is a site for teachers and students. Each part of the graphic has links to use.
For example I clicked on "Milking It" to go to an area where students are asked to compare the lives of two dairy farmers in very different countries.
- How are they affected by international trade rules?
- Who makes these rules?
- What can we do to change them?
There are activities for the students to do as well as resources for the teacher. Great site for classroom teachers.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
This findings from this report would, I suspect, be similar to one done in New Zealand.
Key findings include:
- 85% of participants use the internet daily but
- 41% said that they experienced barriers or blocks to effective use of the internet
- a lack of investment in providing teachers with the techniques and strategies to use computers in their classrooms.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I am pleased I was not outside at the time!