I came across a site recently which interested me. It is The Elements of Digital Story Telling. Digital story telling is a great idea to use in the classroom. Something the teacher needs to think about is the different types of media that can be used and the different combinations. Digital story telling may be done using a single medium, multiple mediums (where two or more mediums are used but not interwoven), or multimedia (where two or more mediums are woven together in a seamless presentation).
They are looking at such questions as:
- What is unique about the digital environment?
- How do users respond to it?
- How can its potential be maximised?
These are all questions we, as teachers, want to know about.
On this site you will find:
- A taxonomy of digital story telling
- An analysis of current practices
- A showcase of innovative story forms